Being a nail polish addict, I’m always looking for the latest trends, whether it be neon brights, neutrals, or pastels. I’m willing to wear any color, and rock any style on my nails. For me, it’s a creative outlet, where I’m truly free to explore any wacky trend I find.
I came across a new nail design where newspaper letters are transferring onto nails using alcohol.
Ideally. Yes, Ideally. It would look like this (random google image, you can find tons online):
I went about attempting to get this chic, quirky nail look–a perfect outlet for my inner book worm!
I found directions from here, but this trend is exploding everywhere so be sure to check out tutorials on google and youtube:
- 1 Small glass
- Rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 10 Strips of newspaper (big enough to cover each nail)
- Any light-colored nail polish (whites and pastels work best)
- Clear top coat polish
- Polish your nails with your desired coats and let dry
- Pour some rubbing alcohol/vodka in the small glass
- Dip your (dried) nail in the rubbing alcohol/vodka (make sure you wet whole nail)
- Place and press a strip of the newspaper on your nail and hold firmly but careful for 30 seconds. (do NOT Move the strip around)
- Remove strip and repeat on each nail or a select few nails if desired
- Finally, polish your nails with a good clear top coat to seal the deal